Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Being a daughter and not a nurse is hard

my MIL is dying of heart failure...... with me specializing in cardiac medicine I know what could help her and maybe even add years to her life...... She does have severe heart failure but it can be minimized just by her spending 2 days in the hospital and getting IV medication....... but she wont hear of it. She is 74 and very strong willed and minded. She is scared to death of Drs and hospitals. Trying to increase her medications at home make her dizzy and her blood pressure drop. I have come to a brick wall and I dont know what to do. It is killing me to see her suffer when she doesnt have to...... I just want to cry and I feel silly talking to my husband about how bad I feel about his mom dying. thanks for listening

1 comment:

Joy Howse said...

Sorry you are having to go through this. It is so hard when we know we have something to offer but the other person doesn't want the help. I hope that you are able to come to peace and that your MIL might listen to your suggestions before it is too late. Many prayers.